Clos Lapeyre is situated in the Jurançon region of south west France, between Pau and Biarritz and was founded in 1920 by Jean Larrieu. Initially run as a strawberry farm, the estate is now run by Jean's grandson, Jean-Bernard, who took over in 1985 and replanted the entire estate with vines. The 12 hectares of vines are cultivated strictly according to organic principles and face south.
A delighful pale gold in colour with green flecks. Scents of mandarin, grapefruit and green orchard fruits. On the palate, fresh, crisp and round with a refreshing acidity. Great with grilled sardines, oysters in a Bordelaise sauce or oven baked John Dory.